Monday, February 25, 2013

Slideshow Photo Editing!



I really enjoyed getting to play around with Photoshop with this slideshow. I didn't do anything too crazy with my photo editing because I was trying to think in terms of if these pictures were being used on Furman's Housing and Residence Life page they would want them to look like the real thing with simple adjustments to enhance the photographs. The six photos I chose to post to my blog shows the more dramatically or tricky to edit photos. However, pretty much all the photos were edited in some manner (cropping and light adjustment).




Picture 1:

For these photos, I adjusted the color and the contrast to make the colors more vivid. I also made a layer with the text so that it was easily identifiable to people who don't know or recognize the building.




Picture 2:

In this photo I cropped the bottom because it was just a lot of extra space that was unnecessary. I also had the text layer to show make clear what the viewer was looking at. The most important thing I did was to adjust the contrast so that the Greek letters were crisper and could be read better against the brick.


Picture 3:

For these photos I cropped some of the excess sides out. I also tried to do something artsy with the black and white photo, and also highlighting the two faces in the photo in white.
Picture 4:
In this picture I played with the lighting a bit because of the night time photography on my phone. I also added a text layer in order to label the picture of what was going on, because by looking at the photo it isn't entirely clear.


Picture 5:


This photo was actually a trickier one for me. The original photo I took really was not doing the colors in the bedspread justice and just looked very dull. So, I played around with the brightness and the contrast of the photo to get a more authentic look of the room. I also put the text overlay on the photo.






Picture 6:

This photo was probably the photo that I went back and forth on the most editing wise. I didn't like all the reflections that the mirrors were casting in each other so I cropped most of the mirrors out so that it was really focused on the bathroom vanity sink. However, I am not entirely sure whether that did the bathroom a justice or injustice. I also slightly adjusted the crispness and lighting in the photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment